myra's ballet

Sunday, December 12, 2010

who nose? what fun!

myra anderson 'not so nosey'

If you look back a few months ago, I wanted to learn how to draw faces.  As you can see I've done a few side views  but yesterday I felt that it was time to go to the next level - the front view.   After I did the ballerina with the eyes (closed) and the mouth - there was no room for the nose.  Just wait - the next pose - there will be nose!   You - being such great artists - may wonder - what takes me so long?  Well . . . I'm slow . . . and filled with fear.  My name should be Myra SlowFear.

Also, I saw the second painting on the web.  If you know the artist let me know.  When I looked at the mixed media list I thought 'what fun!'  'Gotta get me a bunch of stuff!'  'What is powdered pigment?'  'Time to google mixed media!' Myra SlowFear signing off for now.

2 comments:

The Blackwood Cottage said...

All I want for Christmas is a book on "how to draw faces". Ha! Love the colors!!!!
machelle

Cathy Bueti said...

I love your sketches. And good for you for trying something new! I think it looks great! I like to sketch faces and the nose is always the hardest for me! Keep going! :)