myra's ballet

Sunday, February 20, 2011

changing . . .

I actually did this composition as an oil sketch BEFORE I went back and drew it again with a pencil. The painting does not have as much detail as I would like.  Drawing it did help me to make ONE decision that improved the painting.  She is chewing gum.  After I drew it in pencil I saw that she should blow a bigger bubble in the painting.  Not perfect - but better.  I will show you the painting when it dries.
(PS I can't wait to see Carol's ballerina when she decides to draw one!  Her latest watercolor has encouraged me to try and draw a car.  Not much success yet - but I will continue to work on it.  It's a Volkswagen beetle and of course it belongs to a ballerina.) 

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful Myra....and I was going to suggest you try something simple like a Beetle to start. I have a wonderful idea for my ballerina painting but can't seem to get it started on paper just yet.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

You are just so funny! You DO know that it's IRS time again...right ;)