myra's ballet

Saturday, February 19, 2011

yike-o-licious?

You may recall that this was a watercolor I posted some time ago.  I looked at it one day and I thought 'YIKES!'  I actually say that.  I said 'YIKES!'  I brought the poor thing into my 'ballerina clinic' and went over it with oil paint.  A much more pleasing effect I think.  Painting the tutu and adding the violet shadows was like eating a piece of chocolate with creamy caramel inside.  In my mind she went from yikes to yike-o-licious!

4 comments:

Terri Smith said...

I Second The "Yike-o-licious"! Good Job Myra!

martinealison said...

Elle est effectivement raffinée tel un morceaux de chocolat fin...
Bisous et bon weekend.

Carol Blackburn said...

I actually thought of painting some ballerinas the other day....then I thought "naw, that's Myra's thing and she does it so well!"

Bonnie Heather said...

Yep, she looks delicious.